Sunday 15 September 2013

How did you meet your husband? How did you meet your wife?

When I was four-years-old, and pestering my father about how he met my mother, he would always recount the same humourous yarn: "I was a timid university student, and walking along some trees one day, when suddenly, a woman clad in bear furs jumped down from a branch and hit me over the head with a club. She knocked me unconscious and then dragged me away..."

It was some years before I learned that my parents did not meet that way.  But I'm still fascinated by how couples first met.

I want to begin a series of posts, each post will be dedicated to one couple and their unique story. Firstly, it can be told from the point of view of the woman (ladies first) and then from the point of view of the man.

Would you be interested in doing an interview on how you met your husband or wife?   If the idea tickles your fancy, then leave me a comment and include your e-mail. You'll hear from me very shortly. You never know - maybe your story could inspire someone and help them meet their husband / wife.

Each couple would visit this blog, share a photo of themselves, and answer 3 - 4 questions.

Where, when and why did you meet your wife/husband?

What was your first impression of your wife/husband?  What attracted you to him/her?

When you were first talking to each other, did you have any false impression of your wife/husband?

Did you make any mistakes that you thought were unforgivable?

After they have visited my blog, they may post the story on their own blogs and post a link to this post and the Love for Beginners blog on their blogs.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story. We don't often here of real life stories like yours. It is a rarity for couples to work through the pitfalls; Your story is a story of God ordained true love. I pray that God will continue to richly bless your covenant with your husband.

    ReplyDelete