Louise Phillips for promoting this short story competition. The closing date is 5th of July.
The deadline is 6pm on a Friday in July so that you can finish writing the story, send it off, and then enjoy a long summer's evening in the company of your friends, sipping a well-earned cocktail.
Before you raise a glass to celebrate that you have entered the competition, you might bear in mind...
Thems The Rulez
1. All entries in the 2013 RTÉ Guide/Penguin Ireland Short Story Competition must be original, unpublished and previously not have been broadcast.
2. Written in English and of 2,000 words or less.
3. The short stories must be typed, not handwritten and will not be returned.
4. Enclose your name and contact details (address, phone and/or e-mail) on a separate page.
5. Anyone from any place on mother earth can apply.
6. You may send your entries to RTÉ Guide/Penguin Short Story Competition, PO Box 1480, RTÉ, Donnybrook, Dublin 4. Or, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org